Thursday 11 February 2016

Greetings from the new Marshall Librarian


Hello – my name is Clare Trowell and I took over the role of Marshall Librarian on 1 February 2016. My previous post was at the University of Sheffield where I was a Faculty Librarian and the Copyright Officer. I am looking forward to meeting the staff and students of the Faculty of Economics here at Cambridge as well as library colleagues in the affiliate libraries and the University Library. My particular areas of interest in Librarianship include information literacy (user education), scholarly communications, special collections and archives, as well as copyright.
I am new to Cambridge University as well as the Marshall Library so at the moment I am very much enjoying the challenge of trying to understand how the organisation fits together. I feel I have a lot to learn but things are beginning to make sense. I especially enjoyed going to The Old Schools on my first day to sign in The Book. It feels as though I have been inducted and admitted officially to the University.

I am looking forward to working with the library team at the Marshall Library and hope we can build and improve on the excellent library service they already provide. If there are any comments or suggestions that you have for me in my new role then please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.  I will be very grateful  for any feedback.